Manchester High School for Girls Named North West Independent Secondary School Of The Year
- Credit: Archant
MHSG based in Fallowfied has been named as North West Independent Secondary School of the Year by The Sunday Times.
This award comes at the end of a hugely successful year for Manchester High School for Girls, after topping The Times’ A-level results table for independent schools in the North West. As the school which educated the Pankhurst sisters, MHSG has also played a key role in the centenary celebrations of some women gaining the right to vote.
The School was chosen ahead of over 75 independent secondary schools across the region. Alastair McCall, editor of Parent Power, the Sunday Times School’s Guide 2019, said: “Manchester High School for Girls has a long tradition of turning out young women who go on to make their mark upon the world.
“They are undoubtedly assisted in this by leaving with some of the best grades that it is possible to find in British schools. High academic standards coupled with a culture that instils in the girls the belief that they can achieve their wildest dreams makes for a compelling combination.
“With the best A-level results of any school in the Northwest this year, Manchester High School for Girls was the standout candidate to be Northwest Independent Secondary School of the Year.”
Head Mistress, Claire Hewitt, said; “I am absolutely thrilled with this recognition from The Sunday Times. This School has always had a pioneering approach and I would like to give thanks to the parents for believing in our vision of education that puts the individual needs and ambitions of girls at the forefront of everything we do. I truly believe the breadth of opportunities offered by MHSG empowers our girls to become confident, independent-minded and forward-thinking young women with exciting futures ahead of them.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 3 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 9 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 10 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free