Paralympian Lauren Steadman unveils Banstead Prep School sports pavilion
- Credit: Archant
Children, staff and parents at Banstead Prep School were thrilled to welcome Paralympian Lauren Steadman this week for the official unveiling of their new sports pavilion
The opening celebrations saw the children test out their new facilities and hear from Lauren about her triumphs at the Rio 2016 Summer Paralympics.
As part of the day's events, Lauren met with children from across the school and explained her background, being born with a disability but with a constant determination to achieve her goals. She passed around her silver Paralympic medal - won in the triathlon in 2016 - much to the excitement of the children. They had lots of questions for her, keen to hear about everything from the start of her interest in sport to taking on new challenges like performing on Strictly Come Dancing.
Lauren said of the visit: "It was lovely to see how excited the children were - that's what's it's all about."
Banstead Prep School Headteacher Vicky Ellis said of the celebrations: "Sport is a huge part of Banstead Prep school life. We are delighted to be able to further enhance our excellent sports facilities for the future by investing in the Sports Pavilion. I can't wait to finally see it in use by our children and visiting teams."
- The Surrey people and businesses helping protect the environment - Whether it's reducing plastic in our everyday lives, or seeking more sustainable ways to shop, it seems we are all becoming more environmentally aware. Zoe Richards meets some of the people protecting our planet from right here in Surrey
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge