Prior Park Students on Pilgrimage
Early starts, late finishes and night shifts were all in a day's work for three Prior students. Pupils undertook a 10-day pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, where they worked hard helping the disabled and nursing hospital patients back to health.
Early starts, late finishes and night shifts were all in a day’s work for three Prior students. Pupils undertook a 10-day pilgrimage to Lourdes, France, where they worked hard helping the disabled and nursing hospital patients back to health.
At the end of August, the students travelled on the long journey to Lourdes by coach and ferry as part of the ‘Catholic Association Pilgrimage’. Pupils Helena Constable-Maxwell, Thea Eld, Beth Leyden, as well as four former Prior students and two Prior teachers took part in a multitude of demanding duties.
Tasks included helping a group of disabled pilgrims travel in their wheelchairs to events including Mass and taking part in a variety of nursing duties in a nearby hospital. These responsibilities included helping patients out of bed, getting them washed and dressed, helping them to the toilet and taking them to breakfast.
The Headmaster, Mr James Murphy-O’Connor, comments:
“We are very proud of the students who took part in the Lourdes trip – they worked extremely hard on some difficult tasks in the scorching heat. This said, the pupils really enjoyed themselves whilst learning some valuable life lessons and gaining a sense of compassion. All three vowed to return next year, which definitely says it all.”
Contact us at Prior Park College on 01225 831000. To find out more about the College, visit http://www.thepriorfoundation.com/.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West