Seaford College Prep School hosts successful Grandparents’ Day
- Credit: Archant
Last week, Seaford College Prep School welcomed about 90 of their pupils’ grandparents to Grandparents’ Day. They had an afternoon tour of the College followed by tea, scones and cakes. This has become a real highlight in the College’s calendar and is an event greatly enjoyed by grandparents, pupils and staff alike.
Sebastian Rees, Head of Seaford College Prep School, said:
“Families and extended families play a big part in College life and this is our chance to invite them to see what we do, the facilities we offer and the sort of events and activities that we put on.”
Many grandparents saw their grandchildren’s classrooms and met their class teachers as well as walking around the wider school. They were particularly impressed by the wonderful work on display in the Art and Design and Technology building. They also had the opportunity to see other aspects of what Seaford does, including music, as well as just enjoying the fabulous outside space – and all bathed in the summer sunshine.
The afternoon was beautifully rounded off by Seaford’s catering staff, who provided drinks, homemade chocolate éclairs, lemon drizzle cake and scones with cream and jam.
Sebastian Rees added: “Our children were very proud to show grandparents their school, and our grandparents were equally proud of what the children have achieved here. We look forward to welcoming them to future events.”
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Three fabulous Norfolk homes for sale with swimming pools