Shoreham College swimming team win 10 medals at the Olympic Park
- Credit: Archant
The Shoreham College swimming team swam to victory yet again at the ISA National Championships, with a massive medal haul of 9 gold medals and 1 silver!
Held at the Olympic Pool for the first time, the pupils were even more determined to go out there and make their mark at this event. And they did not disappoint, their success on the day was outstanding.
There were some fantastic moments that deserve special recognition; Mackenzie Cannon was weighed down with gold, winning Gold in the year 7 boys breaststroke, in the freestyle and for being part of the relay team that won gold in the medlay and freestyle. Eoghan Cannon was also on fire, 2 gold medals in the year 6 backstroke and freestyle and setting a new National record in the backstroke. Massive congratulations to the National champion Leah Hamilton, sensational swimming paid off with a gold in the year 8 breaststroke, another gold in the freestyle relay relay and silver in the medley relay. Frankie Hatchard also did tremendously well - gold in the Year 4 50m backstroke making her National Champion.
Added to the list of medal winners are the pupils who competed in some very hotly contested races and performed fantastically; Adam Rogers, Toby Adlam, and Jake Boddie joined Eoghan Cannon in the year 6 freestyle relay team to come 4th; Aidan Cannon came 4th in the year 10 Breastroke; George Cameron came 5th in the year 8 butterfly, Freya Simpson also came 5th in the year 9 individual medlay and 7th in the butterfly.
John Shelley, Sports Coach at Shoreham College, couldn’t praise the team enough for their determination and team spirit. “Competing in the Olympic Pool was a well-deserved honour for these swimmers. They all trained so hard for this and swam amazingly on the day, everyone at the College is so proud of them”
• Shoreham College to begin 2015 with new Headmaster - Shoreham College is delighted to announce that, following completion of a rigorous appointment process involving the consideration of a strong field of applicants, the Governors have appointed Mr Richard Taylor-West to be Headmaster from January 2015.
• Shoreham actress Carol Cleveland gearing up for live Monty Python shows this summer - Carol Cleveland was a familiar face on stage and screen but as the only woman in Monty Python’s Flying Circus, she will go down in British comedy history. Never one to slow down, the Shoreham actress is gearing up for the live Python shows this summer
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West