St Andrew's School Woking celebrates National Poetry Day
St Andrew's School Woking celebrated National Poetry Day with a visit from well- known children's author and poet, Alan Durant.
St Andrew’s School Woking celebrated National Poetry Day with a visit from well- known children’s author and poet, Alan Durant.
The day started with Alan giving workshops to the pupils, culminating in a fiercely competitive House poetry competition.
“It’s fantastic to have such a talented poet, author and performer visit St. Andrew’s to inspire the children,” says Jackie Wheeler, head of English at St Andrew’s. “The day has been a wonderful success and has made a really positive impression on the children.”
Born and raised in Surrey, Alan Durant is most widely known for his popular children’s books such as Burger Boy that featured recently on CITV’s Bookaboo.
He has also written poetry for children and adults and has recently published a book of poetry Poems from the Writing Shed.
St Andrew’s (Woking) School Trust, Church Hill House, Horsell, Surrey GU21 4QW: 01483 760943.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 Find your inner wild in the woods