- Credit: Archant
Stonyhurst is an independent co-education boarding and day school in Clitheroe
Stonyhurst is an Independent co-education boarding and day school. We take pupils from age 3-18, starting from our pre-prep Hodder House, moving on to our prep school St Mary’s Hall and completing their education at Stonyhurst College. We foster and celebrate the talents of each child, helping them to do their best in the extensive range of activities that we provide.
Our achievements are confirmed by outstanding inspection reports in all areas of academic, pastoral and extracurricular education and these can be read on our website. Our academic results far outstrip the national average each year and we pride ourselves on the value we can add to child’s educational achievements, helping them to improve on expectations time and time again. Children of all levels achieve more at Stonyhurst than they would have done had they not come to us. Pupils at the end of their time at Stonyhurst go on to top universities across the UK.
There are many different ways to become a Stonyhurst pupil with three sections of the school available. They are:
Hodder House - our pre-prep school for pupils from Nursery through to year 3. Hodder House is a separate building designed entirely for smaller pupils with a wonderful outdoor play area. In inspections Hodder House has been described as ‘outstanding’ and is the pre-prep of choice in the Ribble Valley. Pupils start their Stonyhurst life here in an atmosphere designed especially for them and staffed by specialists. There is even an outdoor woodland classroom.
Stonyhurst St Mary’s Hall - this is our prep-school for pupils from Year 4 to Year 8. Pupils are looked after pastorally here until they are 13. From an academic point of view pupils are able to take advantage of all the facilities that are in place for the senior school.
- 1 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 2 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 3 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 4 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 7 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 8 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly