Surrey students celebrate their 2018 A level results
- Credit: Archant
Students across Surrey have been finding out how they got on in their A levels
Reigate Grammar achieved another record A Level year with almost 30% of grades at A* level and twelve students achieving straight A*s. There were more A* and A grades than all other grades put together.
For the fifth year in a row, 90% of grades were A*-B and for the 19th year in a row the pass rate was 100% with a record number of students securing places at medical school.
Headmaster, Shaun Fenton, said: “I am so proud of these super young people. These record breaking top grades open doors of opportunity, but A Level results do not define these young people and they leave with commendable qualities of character, great friends and lifelong memories. They move on from Reigate Grammar School to the best universities ready to make the world a better place.”
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal
• The sky’s the limit for Cameron - Cameron Swayne, thanks to his A level results, has won him a place at Exeter University to read Business Management. Cameron, who joined Caterham when he was 11 years old, fell ill with grey zone lymphoma and had to go through treatment alongside his studies. He was given the all-clear in January. “I didn’t know how deep I could dig until I had that experience.”
• Sophie off to Cambridge - Sophie Dawson has won a place to read Human, Social, and Political Sciences (HSPS) at Cambridge University (Peterhouse College). “It’s the perfect course for me,” says Sophie, “as it’s a combination of my A Level subjects, which I have loved. I am so grateful to my teachers – I have never met such inspirational people. In particular, Mrs Webster and Dr Avery have been wonderfully supportive.” Sophie achieved terrific grades: A*, A* and A in Biology, Psychology and Religious Studies.
• Maths Wizz - Isaac Quinton achieved a clean sweep of three A* grades and will now progress to Warwick University where he will read Maths. “I think I started to realise that I was good at Maths when I entered the Senior School. I am so grateful to my teacher Mr Dimakos for all the help he has given me.
• Creative accounting - Sophie Slape has been a creative powerhouse during her time at Caterham and has now finished with an impressive set of grades – A*, A and A – in Photography, Art and Business. She will now combine her creativity with her business sense by completing a degree in Banking and Finance at Leeds University.