Taking centre stage
- Credit: Archant
There’s plenty to celebrate this summer at Paston Sixth Form College
The summer term is always a hectic and exciting time at Paston Sixth Form College in North Walsham as it celebrates the successes of its departing pupils and prepares to welcome new students.
This month, it will showcase the work of those studying design, graphic communication, photography, textiles and fine art with a two-day art show in the new Griffon Studios and Theatre. Students graduating from Paston are given the opportunity to present their art work to the public.
On July 7, the college will also host the North East Norfolk Futures Event in collaboration with Beacon East to help youngsters decide on their next step in education or the workplace. The event provides the opportunity for Year 10 to 12 students from local schools to engage with further education colleges, training providers, employers and around 30 universities, all offering invaluable information and guidance about future plans and career routes.
Once again, the college’s Far East Theatre Company has proved an inspiring platform for those wishing to pursue a career on the stage – with adaptations of William Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream and The Comedy of Errors to commemorate the 400th anniversary of his death.
The art show takes place on June 16 and 18, and the college is having a summer open day on July 13. See www.paston.ac.uk for more details.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall