Tatler Schools Guide 2020: Reigate Grammar named best school in the country
- Credit: Archant
The respected public school in East Surrey came top of the class
Reigate Grammar School has been crowned School of the Year in the prestigious Tatler Schools Awards 2020.
The Tatler Schools Guide is an impartial guide to the best public and prep schools in the UK and lists the country’s top 244 independent schools following 873 hours of research and visits.
“[Schools] are not just chosen for their league table-busting results or their world-class facilities but to go into the Tatler Schools Guide, they must offer the whole package - holistic pastoral care, a focus on character education as much as pure academics and the ability to accommodate and nurture all pupils, resulting in well educated, but most importantly, happy children,” explains Tatler education editor Tori Cadogan.
Reigate Grammar School was announced as the top school in the country during a special online event hosted on Tatler Schools’s IGTV on October 6, the award
In the review of the school, which was printed in the October edition of Tatler magazine, judges listed Reigate Grammer as having a sense of “community at its heart” and was a “caring and inclusive school… producing down-to-earth yet high-achieving all-rounders”. Adding that RGS has a sense of “community at its heart”.
School headmaster Shaun Fenton said: “I am delighted that Reigate Grammar School has been announced as School of the Year by this prestigious school reviewer and magazine. Of course, it is the experience of our students and staff on a daily basis that trumps any award but it does help to see how the school is held in high regard by external and respectable sources. I see these nominations as testament to the quality of our teachers, the support of our parent body and to the credit of the fine young Reigatians in our care.”
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Reigate Grammar School has also recently been awarded ‘School of the Year – Pastoral Care and Wellbeing’ by the Times Education Supplement and is shortlisted for School of the Year in the Independent Schools of the Year 2020 awards programme.
Other Surrey schools in the guide include Caterham, Charterhouse, St Catherine’s Bramley and Woldingham School. View the full list here.