TAUNTON SCHOOL NEWS
Somerset Young Artists Competition<br/><br/><br/><br/>The Brewhouse Theatre in Taunton is currently holding an exhibition of Children's work in Somerset for the Somerset Young Artist Competition.
TAUNTON SCHOOL NEWS
Somerset Young Artists Competition
The Brewhouse Theatre in Taunton is currently holding an exhibition of Children's work in Somerset for the Somerset Young Artist Competition.
Of 21 exhibits this year, 7 of the children are from Taunton School, one of which is the youngest exhibitor by several years. On Wednesday 12th January, the Brewhouse gave out the awards to a lucky few, one of which was William Doherty of Taunton Prep School who was awarded the prize for the best piece of work in the Under 10 category.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
A superb effort for all the children that had entered for this competition, their skills are applauded.
Just before Christmas, Harry Beckwith from Taunton School, was given an amazing opportunity to sail with the Great Britain team for the Euromed 2010 in Malta. The Euromed competition is organised by the Malta Young Sailing Club and the Malta sailing Federation and is very popular and brings sailors across Europe to participate.
After 9 races, being thrown into the sea and sailing in some 20c weather with bright sunshine, Harry finished 17th from the 21 in that class. This was a fantastic opportunity for Harry to represent his Country and develop his sailing skills.
Harry said: "It was great to be at the awards ceremony, representing my country, carrying the Union Jack and applauding Karyna Manuel who had won overall third place in the Optimist class for Great Britain."
Address Headmaster, Dr John Newton, Taunton School, Staplegrove Road, Taunton, Somerset TA2 6ADTelephone (main switchboard) +44 (0)1823 703703Fax +44 (0)1823 703704