Top marks for Gresham
- Credit: Archant
Gresham School received the highest marks in a recent ISI visit
A four-day visit from the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) in February concluded that Gresham’s School was “excellent” in all nine categories – the equivalent of the Ofsted term “outstanding”.
The inspectors’ report states: “Gresham’s School fully meets its aims in that the day and boarding pupils should realise their full potential and achieve the highest standards possible in their learning.”
The independent co-educational day and boarding school near Holt, caters for children aged three to 18 years. It is already building on its success with an exciting scheme to build a new music school and sixth form centre underway.
It has also been announced that Sarah Hollingsworth, who is currently director of pastoral care at Oswestry School in Shropshire, will take over as head of the Nursery and Pre-Prep School in September. She will follow in the footsteps of current long-standing head Janette Davidson, who will retire in July.
Gresham’s Prep School headmaster, James Quick, says: “I am confident that Mrs Hollingsworth will be able to build on the busy and vibrant environment that Janette Davidson has led for 14 years. We’d like to wish Janette all the best for her retirement.”
Gresham’s open days for the Nursery and Pre-Prep school, are on May 2, and Prep school, May 14.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District