Walk in the Park successs in Tring
Students and staff from local performing arts school, Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, helped raise around �50,000 at their Tring Park Footprint Charity Walk on May 6.
Students and staff from local performing arts school, Tring Park School for the Performing Arts, helped raise more than �50,000 at their Tring Park Footprint Charity Walk on May 6.
The event, which was followed by a barbecue, was held to raise funds for the School’s campaign to support ambitious development plans for the prestigious performing arts establishment.
The Tring Park Footprint Charity Walk invited the entire school from students and their families, staff and Governors to walk a sponsored 10kms.
Marking the launch of the second phase of Tring Park’s development plan to become the best performing arts school in the UK, the walk aims to help raise a �1.5m target over the next three years for the School.
Monies raised will support increased access to the school for talented students with additional bursaries and scholarships as well as increasing facilities for the school by building a new Sixth Form Centre, IT Studio and Art Department.
Stefan Anderson, Principal at Tring Park for the Performing Arts comments, ‘Tring Park is an exceptional school for those with a talent and passion for the performing arts.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
‘We want to continue to maintain and develop the facilities that we have here to ensure that we attract and nurture the best performers in the UK, and even the world. This sponsored walk is the start of a campaign to help raise funds to continue the development work and to give more students the opportunity to share this amazing educational establishment.’