Fashion: Black and white at Love to Boutique
- Credit: Archant
Ethanie Jackson Turner finds a classic pairing in a favourite Rickmansworth boutique
It’s the classic colour combination we can always rely on – black and white.
This year, the easy-to-wear combination has had a makeover. Layers have been introduced for playfulness – lace detailing offering softness and geometric shapes for a modern edge.
What makes the black and white pairing even more appealing is that you can mix in bright accessories to balance things out, especially this month, when the sun is beckoning you to wear an abundance of colour. For added summer wearability, experiment with textures and shapes. Sheer, lightweight materials will keep you feeling cool while origami folds will give you the fashion edge. Monochrome is back and here to stay for at least another few seasons.
On my hunt for the season’s trend, I headed to Love to Boutique (lovetoboutique.co.uk), which offers beautifully presented, affordable and distinctive women’s clothing, shoes, scarves and jewellery.
My top monochrome picks from the Rickmansworth outlet include print trousers by Neon (£40), maxi dress by Sugarhill Boutique (£59), Ravel handbag (£55) and Ravel Lantana block heels (£75).
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
For more tips, see Ethanie’s website wiredforstyle.co.uk