Fashion: denim is back
- Credit: Archant
Ethanie Jackson Turner goes in search of the county’s best boutiques
From true blue to sun-bleached – we haven’t seen this look since the early ‘90s (and some of you may be wishing it stayed there) but trust me when I say, denim-on-denim is back, and it can look good.
Referred to as the Canadian tuxedo, and loved just as much by the cat walk as it is by the high street, this look can be adapted to suit your personal style.
Whether you favour making a statement with your clothes or prefer the laid-back approach, you will find this trend surprisingly easy to wear.
Think less stiff denims and more soft chambray dress teamed with a denim jacket or stonewashed flared jeans with a silk top and an open denim shirt.
If you’re still apprehensive, I suggest popping to Amelie at 264 High Street in Berkhamsted (ameliefashion.co.uk) where there is a fantastic selection of premium denim brands and an extensive style choice, from classic to on-trend designs.
My favourite denim-on-denim combo includes these J Brand New Dawn skinny jeans (£230) and the True Religion Danielle shirt (£169), – teamed with the Jewels Rock Phantom necklace (£38) is just jean-ius.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire