Fashion: Dress up for summer
- Credit: Archant
Three essential dress styles every woman should have in her summer wardrobe, selected by St Albans Fashion Week director Ellena Ophira
T-shirt dress – relaxed
Comfortable and easy to wear the t-shirt dress is a must for your summer wardrobe. Opt for a thicker jersey fabric to keep the shape grown-up and flattering. Breton stripes or a bold print will ensure it remains stylish.
Style with: Flip flops or pretty flat sandals for a perfect daytime look. Throw on a cardi or a little leather jacket for cooler nights. Or even wear it as a cover up at the pool. It’s pretty, versatile and practical, who can argue with that?
Maxi dress - glamorous
No matter how simple the style of your maxi, the length of this dress will always make you look glamorous. This is a tough garment to get right and it doesn’t suit everyone so try on lots of different styles to find the right one for you. A dropped waist or adding a belt will make it more flattering.
Style with: Flip flops or an espadrille wedge for daytime and smarter wedges or sandals for evening.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 New for 2021: Be a-mazed by this Cornish hedge
- 10 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
Summer dress – chic
It’s worth spending a little more to find a dress that fits perfectly. Choose one made from beautiful fabric and with a good shape, to ensure it lasts for years. Whether you choose a retro pencil shape, an A-line or a classic shift, make sure you just love it!
Style with: A gorgeous summer bag, clutch or giant shopper and the biggest sunglasses you can find. >>>
For more tips and fashion news, see Ellena’s blog at stalbansfashionweek.com
St Albans Fashion Week takes place October 26-31.