Fashion Graduate Series: Lesley Forrest
- Credit: Archant
We’ve teamed up with Plymouth College of Art to showcase their BA (Hons) Fashion students’ amazing graduate collections
Lesley Forrest is a designer-maker from South Devon who recently graduated from Plymouth College of Art as a mature student - something she claims is “a lifetime’s ambition fulfulled”.
Her creative work is concerned with phenomenology. Her designs embrace the symbiotic relationship between perception and consciousness and is inspired by the interconnection of place and space.
Lesley’s graduate collection, ‘Reconnecting with the artisanal ideal’, combines tradition and heritage. By using Harris Tweed as the basis of the collection, she brings a sense of familiarity and provenance to her designs as the fabric is so steeped in history and tradition.
The entire collection is easy to wear and shapes are simple, allowing the fabric to tell its story.
To view Lesley’s collection, click on the image gallery. These photographs formed part of a professional photography course organised by Fotonow CIC under the tutelage of Andrew Nadolski.
The Fashion Graduate Series continues next week.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall