Fashion Graduate Series: Valentine Greenough
- Credit: Archant
We’ve teamed up with Plymouth College of Art to showcase their BA (Hons) Fashion students’ amazing graduate collections
Valentine Greenough is another Plymouth College of Art graduate that was born and bred in the city.
Her graduate collection, Beast of the Southern Wild, was based on the Native American culture.
“I chose to look into this area in a more culturally sensitive way than what I had seen previous designers do,” she explains.
“I wanted to concentrate on the detail in Native American artwork, animals and spirituality.”
Bold colour mixes with muted tones to allow small flashes of detail to become focussed, while fabrics are predominantly natural leathers and silks - something Valentine feels offers a “really nice juxtaposition” and helped shape her final pieces.
The finishing collection is stylish and easy to wear, something that Valentine felt was important while designing.
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
Now she has graduated, Valentine is looking to work in fashion marketing.
To view Valentine’s collection, click on the image gallery.
The Fashion Graduate Series continues next week with Stefani Nurding’s ‘I left my heart at the skatepark’ collection.