Fashion Graduate Series: Victoria Parnall
- Credit: Archant
We’ve teamed up with Plymouth College of Art to showcase their BA (Hons) Fashion students’ amazing graduate collections
Victoria Parnall grew up in Plymouth and came to the college because of its fantastic fashion course, with the added bonus of it being in her hometown.
“I decided to do a degree in fashion because I believe that it’s really important to enjoy your job so picking an area that was already a hobby of mine seemed like an obvious choice,” she says.
Victoria’s graduate collection, Voodoo Exotica, is a collection based on voodoo culture with surrealist influences.
Vibrant and playful, the collection challenges the popular misconception of the ominous nature of the voodoo religion.
Instead it celebrates and focuses on the mystical side of the culture, using colours traditionally used to decorate voodoo dolls and believed to attract love, wealth, happiness and health.
Now she has graduated from Plymouth College of Art, Vicky has relocated to London to pursue internships and graduate positions in the fashion industry.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
To view Victoria’s collection, click on the image gallery.
The Fashion Graduate Series continues next week with Victoria Shepherd’s Edwardian Pots ‘n’ Pans collection.