Fashion Graduate Series: Victoria Shepherd
- Credit: Archant
We’ve teamed up with Plymouth College of Art to showcase their BA (Hons) Fashion students’ amazing graduate collections
Victoria Shepherd has lived in Devon her whole life and wanted to stay in the county while still persuing a career in fashion.
“Devon is becoming a very popular, art-centred county and there are plenty of inspirational factors in Plymouth which have inspired me over the years to create unique collections,” she says.
“I’ve always had a passion for creating, drawing and pushing the boundaries.”
Victoria’s graduate collection, Edwardian Pots ‘n’ Pans, was inspired by the starting point of food, which led her into the direction of Edwardian kitchens. The shapes, detail and fabric manipulations in her designs have all come from the pots ‘n’ pans, utensils and Edwardian food.
“I have taken the bold circular shapes into the pattern work and formed fabric detail through the idea of using the copper pots ‘n’ pans.”
The collection uses innovative colours, taken from the utensils and the desserts eaten in the Edwardian era.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 5 The best Christmas markets and fairs in Yorkshire
- 6 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 7 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 10 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Lancashire
It has a contrast of light and heavy-weight fabrics, with techniques that show subtle detail through copper wire circles and bold statement pieces through layers in the garments.
Now she has graduated from Plymouth College of Art, Victoria plans to stay in Devon and carry on producing one-off designs and limited collections, personalised and made for people locally.
To view Victoria’s collection, click on the image gallery.
The Fashion Graduate Series continues next week with Valentine Greenough’s Beast of the Southern Wild collection.