Fashion: Kaftan style – it’s beach-ready (even if you’re not)
- Credit: Archant
If there’s one item you must include in your holiday luggage this summer, it’s the kaftan, says St Albans Fashion Week director Ellena Ophira. Beach-body ready or not, this garment will ensure you look ultra-glamorous by the pool or on the beach. Whether you wear it short, mid-length or long, team with wedges and the largest sunhat you can find.
Knot front kaftan
Sleek, elegant and chic, you cannot go wrong with a black kaftan. This knotted front version (Jigsaw £55) is relaxed and easy to wear. Plus, it goes with every style of swimwear. If you’ve never worn a kaftan before, then opt for this classic poolside number.
Collector cover up
Bold and bright, this geometric print has a hint of Art Deco styling, which makes me love it even more. Off-set the gorgeous colours with a simple black bikini or swimsuit. The silky finish of this kaftan (Chloe James Lifestyle £145) gives it a lovely luxe feel.
Lily and Lionel silk
A blend of floral patterns and butterfly motifs, this Ibiza-inspired kaftan (The Dressing Room £260) will make a statement. This dreamy kaftan embraces summer with pinks, yellows and purples. A stylish choice for the poolside lounger.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
For more tips and fashion news, see Ellena’s blog at stalbansfashionweek.com
St Albans Fashion Week takes place from October 26-31.