Fashion: stripes inspired by Coco
- Credit: submitted
Ellena celebrates Coco’s stripes a century on
Stripes have never really gone out of style. Inspired by the uniforms of the French Navy, they were immortalised by Coco Chanel in her 1917 Nautical Collection. A whole century later and the stripe is still a firm fashion favourite – it’s everywhere! If you’re starting to think about your holiday wardrobe you cannot step foot on a plane without at least one stripey garment packed.
Rather than opt for the traditional Breton top, why not mix it up a little and opt for a new way to wear the trend? Here’s my stripey holiday tips.
Ted Baker karftan, £70
So beautiful soft and flowing, no beach or pool-goer should be without a kaftan. Chic and practical, it’s the perfect cover-up and summer lounging garment.
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 6 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
Seafolly castaway swimsuit, John Lewis, £120
Everyone knows that stripes in the right direction can be extremely slimming and this elegant suit ticks all the boxes.
Sally tassel dress, Hobbs, £89
You can never go wrong in summer with a relaxed jersey dress and I just love the tassel detail. If a cover-up is too sheer for you, then this is a great alternative. Or team with sandals or a wedge heel and it’s the perfect day trip outfit.
Mia stripe, Hobbs, £69
Casual and beachy, these striped espadrilles are relaxed and comfortable. Team with plain coloured skirts, shorts or loose fitting linen trousers.
Day Birger Et Mikklesen, The Dressing Room, £60
I have a serious crush on this bag. Large and practical, it’s perfect to travel with. Throw all your essentials in and whisk it away poolside as you sip a cool cocktail in the sun.