Fashion: This summer, make a date with denim
- Credit: Archant
The way to wear it this season is in blue and with so many options on offer how can you not fall back in love with this fashion staple? St Albans Fashion Week director Ellena Ophira chooses her favourite ways to wear denim.
The shirt. Go for long sleeves, like this B Yong denim shirt from Chloe James Lifestyle (£25), but roll to the elbow for an effortlessly cool look. Tie at the waist or leave it open as a fresh alternative to a cardigan to don for cooler nights.
Team with Tuck into skinny black jeans or tailored black trousers for a trendy twist on sophisticated style. Or for something more casual, wear it over summer dresses.
The shorts. A denim classic. Not for the faint-hearted and only when you’ve perfected the tan on your legs. Leave the cut-offs to the kids and go for a cleaner turned-up edge. Try this Track denim short from French Connection (£42).
Team with On top, keep it loose and relaxed. Opt for a loose white shirt, drapey cotton t-shirt or print kimono. Swap the flip-flop for a wedge to help you take these from lounging to lunching in the sun.
The dress. Dress up denim – quite literally! From the shirt dress to something more tailored, it’s a fabulous way to wear denim with style. I love this Cilla denim spot dress from Phase Eight (£99).
Team with Big slouchy bags or baskets work well here. Choose natural nudes or tan shades for your feet. Pretty flats, an espadrille or a wedge will finish off the look perfectly.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 9 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
For more tips and fashion news, see Ellena’s blog at stalbansfashionweek.com. St Albans Fashion Week takes place from October 26-31.