Fashion tips from Ashworth & Bird boutique in Reigate
- Credit: Archant
This month, we pay a visit to the upmarket boutique Ashworth & Bird in the market town of Reigate
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine February 2016
One of an independent retail portfolio of nine stores, the award-winning Ashworth & Bird has graced the Reigate shopping scene for the last 15 years.
Offering high-end clothing, footwear and accessories for both men and women, the store carries pieces to appeal to all tastes.
And with its contemporary décor, easy-to-wear collections and accommodating sales team, it is easy to understand why the store is such a hit among Surrey shoppers.
“Here at Ashworth & Bird, we pride ourselves on delivering personal, one-to-one service,” says store manager, Lizzie Long. “Behind every great store is a great team and our team has a passion not only for fashion but also for service excellence.
- 1 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 6 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Fish and chips in Cornwall you need to try
“We understand our customers, we identify their needs and then we strive to exceed their expectations every time.”
Light and airy with big mirrors, chandeliers and stylish furniture, the boutique boasts two floors of high-quality collections from brands such as Ted Baker, Max Mara, Hugo Boss Black Label and Malene Birger, to name but a few.
“We have a real mixture of casual and formal pieces so there is something for everyone,” says Lizzie. “We fit in very well here in the centre of Reigate and we have built up a great deal of loyalty over the years. Our customers believe in the product and they respect what we are about. And now, many of our customers’ grown¬up children shop here too.”
With services ranging from made-to-measure suiting, hire-wear for men and a full alterations service, Ashworth & Bird has become a one-stop shop for all occasions.
In addition, open evenings offer the chance to preview new collections and enjoy discounts across the store – and there is even a Loyalty Card scheme that rewards frequent shoppers.
Passionate about the community, the shop also takes part in events to support various local causes.
“We are just about giving our clients what they want,” adds Lizzie. “We want people to enjoy coming in; we pride ourselves on that.”
• Ashworth & Bird Men’s & Womenswear, 17 High Street, Reigate RH2 9AA. Tel: 01737 244413. Web: ashworthandbird.com