There’s no better time than summer to get out and active in Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Summer is the perfect time to invest in your health and wellbeing, say the experts at Nuffield Health
Living an active lifestyle and following a balanced diet is the best way to stay healthy, but if you do get injured or have symptoms that are preventing you from enjoying an active lifestyle Nuffield Health can help.
Nuffield Health Exeter and Plymouth hospitals have teams of experts who can diagnose and treat sports injuries and general health conditions, helping you to live a healthier lifestyle now:
- Orthopaedic surgeons who are regularly cited as experts in their field
- Vascular surgeons who specialise in hernia repair
- Cardiologists, who specialise in heart conditions and electrical disorders of the heart
- Physiotherapists to support your recovery from injury or surgery, address incontinence and other functional conditions
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 10 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- A full range of diagnostic facilities including MRI and CT scans, ensuring a comprehensive diagnosis
To optimise your chance of a speedy recovery, early diagnosis is key.
Ali Crocker, physiotherapist at Exeter Nuffield, explains: "RICE - that's Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation - is often enough to treat and calm a strain or a sprain but if you're concerned you've sustained a more serious injury come and see us for a full assessment. We can create a bespoke rehabilitation programme for you or if necessary refer you to a consultant straight away."
To support your journey to fitness or rehabilitation, Nuffield Health has state-of-the-art gyms in Plymouth, Taunton and Yeovil, offering personal trainers, exercise classes including yoga and pilates as well as swimming. Patients recovering from operations are often eligible for three months gym membership to support their return to fitness.
Hospital Director Paul Taylor adds: "People can be missing out on major events and activities waiting for medical tests and treatment. With no waiting lists at our hospitals we're able to help people get on with life as quickly as possible. Even if you don't have private medical insurance you can access our care by paying for yourself."
So whatever your worry, get in touch today to see how we can help.
At Nuffield Health we take great pride in providing you with a personalised service. Whether you are insured or paying for yourself, we have a range of options to make your journey through private healthcare as easy as possible. In some circumstances Chrysallis, our finance partner, is able to offer interest free loans to cover your medical treatment.
About Nuffield Health
Nuffield Health is one of the leading not-for-profit UK healthcare organisations, looking after people for more than 60 years.
Today it runs a network of hospitals, medical clinics, fitness and wellbeing clubs and diagnostic units across the UK. Nuffield also supports businesses in looking after their employees by operating their fitness and wellbeing facilities services.
As a trading charity Nuffield does not have investors or shareholders to answer to - its customers and patients come first. Nuffield invests all its income back into running and developing its health and wellbeing sites and services and pioneering new models of care and delivery so that more people can benefit. Just over 94% of its hospitals have been rated good or outstanding by independent regulators.
There are a series of free events for people to find out more about Nuffield Health services in Devon. Please contact the hospitals in Exeter and Plymouth for details of the venue and timings and to book a place:
Nuffield Health Exeter 01392 262110
10 July: Meet our Experts on Hip Surgery
18 July: Meet our Experts on Knee Surgery
11 July: Meet our Experts on Hernia Repair
Nuffield Health Plymouth 0300 131 1422
26 June: Meet Our Experts on Hip and Knee Surgery
27 June: Meet our Experts on Hip Knee & Shoulder Surgery