- Credit: submitted
Our fashion stylist Ellena Ophira is in love with the versatile shirt
This spring is all about shirts and this is great news for me as I am in love with them. Timeless, easy to wear and style, what’s not to love? I believe that the shirt is the most essential top in any woman’s wardrobe. In fact, my advice is that every woman should have at least three. So, when you’re hitting the streets to pick up your next shirt, think about which category it falls into and make sure you cover your bases.
Suitable for work, the professional shirt can be tucked into skirts and trousers. It is simple, neutral in tone and well fitting. It can have a ruffle, pleats or a pussy bow, but it has to be neat, well-pressed and crisp.
This can be thrown on with a pair of jeans for an effortless, natural style. Not as starchy as the professional, this shirt can be of a looser fitting material such as linen, denim or flannel. Plain colours work well here including white and olive green, as do traditional patterns like checks and stripes.
Going out shirt
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
You can never be overdressed or underdressed with the right evening shirt. Sheer fabrics, silks or crepe create an elegant billowing shape. Beautiful fabrics and detail elevate the humble shirt to evening wear by adding an element of luxury. Embellished collars, cuffs and bows will also work well.