Hair guru Guy Kremer on a look that’s worked for Amanda Seyfried and Kate Beckinsale
- Credit: Archant
Fancy a new look for autumn but don’t want a radical change? Our resident hair guru, GUY KREMER explains easy ways to evolve a new you...
It’s a look that worked for Amanda Seyfried and Kate Beckinsale as they sashayed down the red carpet, and the chances are it will work for you too! Why not follow their lead and give your hair some styling attitude this autumn with gorgeous voluminous waves. If you can’t come into the salon every time you want this luscious look, here are some top tips to help you on your DIY way...
1. Fail to prepare – and prepare to fail; after shampooing and conditioning, prep hair properly using a quality support styling product. I like to use L’Oréal Professionnel tecni.art Pli because it leaves hair soft and shiny, not stiff and starchy
2. Roller setting wet hair creates longer-lasting waves than tonging blowdried hair
3. Remember, when you section your hair, the thicker the section the bigger the wave
4. Be gentle on your hair; use a soft bristle brush and use your fingers to rake through the curls to loosen them up and help create the shapes your after
5. Finish with a spritz of light hairspray (we use tecni.art Air Fix in the salon) to keep the waves under control
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 5 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 3 magical winter wonderland light trails to enjoy in Kent
Fashionable and flirty – fringes are hot hairstyle property this season! Back in a big way, be inspired by Kate Middleton, Kim Kardashian, Emma Watson and Jessica Biel to name but a few celebs sporting fresh fringes. Side swept, blunt cut, layered, long, short or even asymmetric, fringes are the perfect way to draw attention to your eyes, accentuate your features and beautifully frame and flatter your face, making you look more youthful. If you are looking for a dramatic style without sacrificing long hair, cutting in a fringe is the perfect solution. It transforms your look, energizing it to look remarkably fresh and different.
POPULAR VS POSH
Hair Tools 2000 Dryer. With two speeds and four temperature controls, this 1300 watt hair dryer’s airflow of 52 cubic metres per hour has a steady and efficient hair drying capacity. Its impact resistant casing and heavy duty switches ensure a robust, hard-wearing, long-lasting tool for frequent use. Supplied with a three metre cable and a nozzle, it comes in shiny black casing. £69.99 (RRP)
The Parlux 385 PowerLight – the next generation professional hair dryer is so incredibly powerful, hair can be dried and set in a very short time, reducing electricity consumption. Boasting an innovative, durable K-Lamination motor, it’s low noise, thanks to an in-built silencer. Ionic and ceramic – essential for healthy, static-free hair – it weighs-in at just 452g, is a cute 18.5cm in size and has a specially designed diffuser. Made with recyclable materials, it’s eco-friendly too. Available in six colours: Black, Hot Pink, Neon Orange, White, Purple, and Red. £135 (RRP)