Spring clean your make up bag in preparation for summer
Spring clean your make up bag this month, writes Amanda Griffiths and invest in some of the newest products available on the beauty counters
1. Trish McEvoy’s 24 HOUR EYE SHADOW AND DEFINER, �21, combines in one easy-to-use elegant, twist pen.2. Go from natural beauty to sophisticated glamour with Jemma Kidd’s new CITY CHIC LIP KIT, �14, which contains three must-have glosses and two lipstick shades in a chic compact.3. If you want to add some colour this month try Sisley’s PHYTO-LIP SHINE in SHEER FUSCHSIA, �25.50, a playful tone on the spring/summer catwalks.4. Invest in some new make up brushes and love the planet at the same time with ECOTOOLS brushes, from �4.10 for an eye liner brush to �8.70 for a powder brush or �14.99 for a six piece set.5. Ahava’s DEAD SEA ALGAE RICH FOUNDATION, �22, is a rich, creamy fluid foundation available in four shade recommended for mature and/or dry skin as the therapeutic benefits of Dead Sea algae and minerals combine with plant oils and extracts.6. Get the lash effect prominent on the spring catwalks with New Cid’s i-FLUTTER, �18.50, an award-winning mascara perfect for volumising and lengthening lashes.7. The natural look doesn’t have to mean nude colour as the new PRETTY POWERFUL PALETTES, �42 by Bobbi Brown. In two shade ranges, with all complexions in mind each palette contains four neutral eye shadows and complementary pink shades for lips and cheeks.8. The colour of pearls have influenced Chanel’s SS collection. The COQUETTE ROUGE ALLURE LIPSTICK, �23, is a vivid, energising pink for radiant lips.9. Create luscious lips with Mary Kay’s TIMEWISE AGE-FIGHTING LIP PRIMER, �16, that fights fine lines and wrinkles while also extending lipstick wear and prevent it from feathering and bleeding.
10. Create the perfect spring look with MILLY FOR CLINIQUE PRETTY IN PRINTS COMPACT, �25, a limited edition colour surge eye shadow quad compact with matching blush.
Ahava: 01452 864574Bobbi Brown: 0870 034 2566Chanel: 020 7493 3836Clinique: 0870 034 2566EcoTools: 01344 878180Jemma Kidd: www.asos.comMary Kay: 0800 318 288New Cid: www.newcidcosmetics.com Sisley: 020 7591 6380Trish McEvoy: www.trishmcevoy.com
My favourite five
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 Devon pubs and bars with great beer gardens
- 9 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 10 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
Sarah Capstick, from Salon Promotions in Earby tells us the top five beauty products she can’t live without:
1. NEAL & WOLF ELEVATE VOLUMISING LOTION - it smells amazing and gives my hair lasting volume I never thought possible.
2. JAN MARINI C-ESTA FACE SERUM - I just can’t manage a day without it. It makes my face feel fresh, bright and nourished.
3. BARE ESCENTUALS BUXOM LIPS, SKIPPER - it gives my lips a plumping effect with gorgeous lasting shine, and tastes fab too!
4. CLOUD NINE THE ‘O’ INDUCTION HEATED ROLLERS - easy to usegiving volume and a professional blow dry look.
5. ALTERNA THE SCIENCE OF 10 SKIN THERAPHY LOTION - simply the best all over body moisturiser I have used, ever!