5 of the best Tennis courts and clubs in Surrey
- Credit: Chino Rocha / Unsplash
With Wimbledon just around the corner, now is the time to up your tennis skills. Here are 5 Tennis courts and clubs in Surrey for beginners or to get you back into the game
St George's Hill Lawn Tennis Club
Warreners Ln, Weybridge KT13 0LL
St George’s Hill Lawn Tennis Club is one of the most prestigious tennis clubs in the UK, and it's easy to see why as there are 33 different courts available to play on, both indoor and outdoor. You can also experience top-class coaching and get involved with the regular friendly matches and competitive tournaments that the club puts on. Find out more information here.
Esher Tennis Club
7 Milbourne Ln, Esher KT10 9DU
Head to Esher Tennis Club to play traditional Tennis and something a little different called Padel (it's almost like a hybrid of Tennis and Squash). The club also offers comprehensive coaching, tournaments and booking for any of the 9 available courts. Find out more information here.
Weybridge Lawn Tennis Club
Dorney Gardens, Walton Ln, Weybridge KT13 8LU
The Weybridge Lawn Tennis Club has a charming riverside location and 5 courts, all of which are equipped with floodlights. There's also plenty of chances to level up your tennis skills as there are lots of coaching sessions, competitions and tournaments that connect you with players within the club and at nearby clubs too. Find out more information here.
- 1 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
Dorking Lawn Tennis & Squash Club
Roman Rd, Dorking RH4 3ET
There are nine artificial clay outdoor courts, four of which are floodlit and open until late on Mondays through to Saturdays. The club is also a great place to play competitively or socially with refreshments or an after game tipple available at the onsite bar. Find out more information here.
Worplesdon Tennis Club
Memorial Hall Sportsground, Perry Hill, Worplesdon GU3 3RF
Worplesdon has four outdoor courts all of which have floodlights and a range of different club sessions which include ladies classes, disability classes and cardio tennis. Find out more information here.
Read more of the best Surrey content: