The soap making twins behind The Lakes Bath Tub Company
- Credit: Milton Haworth
Twins from Grange want their soaps and shampoos to be the best, bar none.
Twins Sarah and Emma Whiting are hoping to clean up in the luxury bath soap market. What started out as a hobby making soap for Emma's sensitive skin is rapidly becoming a thriving business.
The 26-year-old soap stars produce and package their high quality items in the kitchen of their home at Allithwaite, near Grange-Over-Sands.
'We started The Lakes Bath Tub Company five years ago when we lived in Staveley but 2019 has been our best year by far,' said Emma. 'We have started selling at more fairs and festivals in the North West with our own custom made gazebo. And all those hours standing, freezing and wet at festivals and winter fairs over the winter months seems to be paying off.
'We recently set up our stall at The Holker Winter Fair, the famous Dickensian Festival in Ulverston and the Hawkshead Christmas Fair.'
The products they create with natural ingredients on the kitchen table include soaps, body washes, and room sprays. And they have also launched a range of new products such as poppy seed and goats' milk soaps, cherry bath bombs, orange and calendula shampoo bars and soap infused sponges that last for several weeks.
The sisters have recently branched out to produce a range of scented candles and their products are now stocked in a number of local shops and gift stores and their new website has helped to boost their sales.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 4 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 5 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 6 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 7 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 10 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
'One of my personal favourites is a new candle made from Soy wax,' said Sarah. 'We also offer a bespoke "Create your own gift set" service where products can be added to create the perfect, personal gift box.'
For more information, go to thelakesbathtub.co.uk