Independent fashion from Woodie & Morris in Haslemere and Cranleigh – Surrey style guide
- Credit: Various
A welcome addition to Haslemere’s thriving range of independent shops, Woodie & Morris was opened by Mel Rollinson in the town five years ago. A second store in Cranleigh followed a couple of years later as well as a website that’s popular all over the UK. Mel is also an expert at social media and the store’s Facebook page often features items that have come in that day so eager customers can be first in the queue to reserve them.
Woodie & Morris (named after Mel’s dogs!) enjoys a loyal clientele who love Mel’s eye for contemporary and stylish clothes that you can dress up or down, as well as the store’s keen pricing and great customer service.
“We don’t choose clothes by age range because there are no barriers to what women wear now,” says Mel.
“We get mothers with daughters in their mid 20s shopping together, while our oldest customer is 92 – and a very stylish dresser!”
Stock changes constantly, which means the store is one of my favourite places to browse and, inevitably, pick up some fashion gems. And with prices from £15 to around £200, you won’t spend more than you would in a High Street fashion chain.
Brands include Masai Clothing, Falke, American Vintage, NYDJ, Saint Tropez, Handwritten, Twist & Tango, Dr Denim, Minkpink, Skandal and Yaya, amongst others!
Woodie & Morris also stocks footwear, as well as jewellery, candles, nail polish and soaps by Soapsmith, perfect for those on the hunt for gifts!
- 1 9 cosy pubs in Devon to warm up in this winter
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 10 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
Woodie & Morris 7 Petworth Road, Haslemere GU27 2JB (tel 01428 644001) and 157 High Street Cranleigh GU6 8BB (tel 01483 274997). woodieandmorris.co.uk / facebook.com/WoodieandMorris