Independent shoe designer Marsha Hall from Great Bookham
- Credit: Archant
Great Bookham-based Marsha Hall is one of just a handful of bespoke shoemakers left in the UK – and she’s also one of the very best.
Recently named 2014 Footwear Designer of the Year at the Footwear Industry Awards – having beaten designers representing international brands – she has a loyal customer base that delight in her gorgeous hand-crafted shoes.
Each pair is made to the customer’s individual requirements and she also works with independent retailers and designers, creating their bespoke shoes.
In addition to shoemaking, Marsha also runs shoe and sandal making courses, giving people the chance to learn new skills and get creative.
“This award has come as such a boost for me as it’s a tough and very time consuming business, and takes even longer to get to the level where you can earn a living,” says Marsha. “It has given me renewed energy and the confidence to expand further with the launch of my new collection.”
Shoes start at £400 for made to order designs, and from £600 for bespoke.
• Marsha Hall Handmade Shoes, Rothwell House, Church Road, Great Bookham KT23 3JP. Tel: 07817 483203. Web: marshahall.com
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset