Jon Dibben - 25 years in five pieces
- Credit: Archant
The Surrey jewellery designer Jon Dibben marks his 25th anniversary with a look back at 5 of his iconic designs
By the mid-nineties, I was working on my first signature engagement, wedding and eternity sets - born out of the design dilemma of shaped wedding rings. At that time, my solution felt very refreshing and people still love them.
Towards the end of the nineties, I designed my Four Claw ring. Unlike traditional rings, the setting and shank aren’t separate components – one flows out of the other. It was referred to as iconic by a number of customers and journalists.
Into the new millennium, came my Meadow collections, led by this stunning 18ct emerald green tourmaline. I was absolutely over the moon with the result, and, for quite a while, this image became representative of Jon Dibben.
In 2011, we were asked to help launch Fairtrade gold. The way we could help was to make a real statement piece, and the ring was recognised as a Landmark design by the British Jewellers’ Association. It was a proud moment.
The final piece I wanted to feature is this collar, which brought together Fairtrade ecological 18ct white gold, hand carved beryls from India, and Meadow styling. It was a true labour of love, and definitely one of our most memorable designs.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 6 great walks near Skipton
And now, in 2015, I’m looking forward to the future. We’re working on some fabulous pieces and, if you would like to know more, we’d love to hear from you.
01483 278170 | email@example.com | jondibben.co.uk | www.facebook.com/JonDibben.JewelleryDesigner | twitter.com/jondibben | instagram.com/jon_dibben_jewellery_designer | uk.pinterest.com/jjewellerydesig