Look your best on Devon’s beaches this summer
- Credit: Archant
Make waves on Devon’s beaches this summer with Camilla Ellacott’s top picks of the SS15 beachwear trends. Ensure these looks are a vital addition to your suitcase if you wish to turn heads in the glistening sun this season.
Dive in head first this season with metallic fabrics and shades sure to reflect the sea. Think ripples of shiny jacquard designs to help you shimmer in the sun or keep things uncomplicated with hints of metallic accessories in the form of glimmering gold. Add a touch of glamour to your beach ensemble with the Seafolly glimmer tote in gold or go all out with River Island’s gold metallic bikini bottoms
Tory Burch managed to make the rash guard stylish this season, making sporty chic back with an impact. Designers were heavily inspired by 1980s dance leotards, making way for lustrous fabrics littered with mesh details, sheer panels and creative zips. Think bikinis made from neoprene, splashed with eye catching fluorescents, influenced by hyperactive cities. Be the best in seaside fashion with New Look’s Orange Scuba bikini or rock the mesh cut outs with the ASOS mesh insert sporty swimsuit. The one piece is back in a big way this season!
Plunge to the deep depths of the ocean with fabrics that drape over your body like tentacles of seaweed, entwined with patterns that are reminiscent of the underwater world. Think oceanic blues in faded ombre styles along with scalloped detailing with this trend. Topshop have a beautiful lace top sundress in a faded mint ombre, the perfect cover up for when the sun starts to fade.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 4 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 8 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Don’t hold back this season with swimwear being saturated in a kaleidoscope of colours through energetic prints and dazzling patterns. With strong nods towards pop art influences, SS15 is decked out in every pattern imaginable. Bring out your inner wild side with Marks and Spencer’s faux snakeskin bikini or hit up one of the seasons most popular prints in Topshops gingham swimsuit.
Style knows no boundaries with this season’s beachwear must haves, with there being a design and aesthetic to suit everyone’s tastes. If patterns and quirky details aren’t for you then monochrome is still huge, a minimalistic and timeless look for those who like to brighten up outfits with accessories.