Loving Herts boutiques – Flutterby’s, Buntingford
- Credit: Archant
Fashion columnist Ethanie Jackson Turner goes in search of the trends in the county’s best boutiques
Spring is knocking, and it’s bringing brighter mornings, daffodils, and the skirt of the moment – the midi.
A versatile and easy length – as opposed to the maxi and its minimal sister the mini – the midi skirt is the one trend we will see following us from the cold of last season.
Introduced in the 40s, this length has stood the test of time, and coming in an array of silhouettes to suit every age, size and height, it’s the ultimate feminine length. With plenty of ways to wear this ladylike trend, you are sure to glide elegantly into spring.
One store where you’re sure to find an array of midis is vintage boutique Flutterby’s in Buntingford, where ‘women should enjoy finding clothes and accessories that make them look and feel wonderful. Age and size aren’t important – people are’.
My top picks to invest in include a wool sea-green skirt by Windsmoor (below left, £18), suede skirt by Really Wild (below right, £75) and black and white check skirt by Marks & Spencer (£10).
So, let’s all sigh with relief that we are moving into warmer days, and doing so with a flattering hemline.
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 8 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
- 9 13 delicious afternoon teas to try in Somerset
- 10 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life