Car Review - Chevrolet Cruze 5dr
It's a bold move to launch a car in the fiercely competitive compact segment, but boasting stylish versatility and quality features, the five-door Chevrolet Cruze hatchback has all the makings of an instant success story
It’s a bold move to launch a car in the fiercely competitive compact segment, but boasting stylish versatility and quality features, the five-door Chevrolet Cruze hatchback has all the makings of an instant success story.
Based on the highly successful Cruze saloon, the hatchback’s styling instantly grabs your attention. Inside quality plastics and an uncluttered layout with clever storage solutions create a stylish environment that can easily accommodate four or five adults.
There’s also plenty of technical wizardry on board; the top-of-the-range LTZ includes parking sensors, an i-pod compatible sound system and Bluetooth. The Cruze also has impressive safety specifications, including electronic brakeforce distribution, traction control and numerous airbags.
The first model I tested was the 1.6-litre, petrol-powered version. Comfort levels were impressive with little cabin noise; the manual transmission was smooth and performance ample. The 1.8-litre offers more oomph and is more dynamic and refined.
For me the real cr�me de la cr�me was the 2.0-litre, diesel-powered hatch with automatic transmission. Although the most expensive in the range, it proved worth every additional penny, hugging the road and delivering power instantly – a flawless driving experience.
It looks like all Chevrolet has to do is keep on Cruze-ing!
Review by Maxine Ashford of www.carjourno.co.uk
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire
- 10 Three fabulous Norfolk homes for sale with swimming pools