Elvis Presley's car for sale at Mercedes-Benz World, Weybridge - riding with the king
To get your hands on a piece of rock 'n' roll memorabilia that even the Elvis Presley fan club couldn't manage to secure, visit Mercedes-Benz World, Weybridge, on Monday December 6.
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine October 2010
To get your hands on a piece of rock ‘n’ roll memorabilia that even the Elvis Presley fan club couldn’t manage to secure, visit Mercedes-Benz World, Weybridge, on Monday December 6.
A Mercedes-Benz 600, one of only a handful of cars that The King registered to himself, is to be sold by Bonhams as part of its traditional end of year sale.
Presley owned the car for two years before he gave it to one of his Mafia friends, James Leroy Robertson. It was purchased by the vendor in 2005 from Robertson Motors Memphis, although the Elvis Presley fan club attempted to get the car quarantined, as they considered it a national treasure that should not leave the USA.
The vendor swiftly exported the car and it is now in the UK. Restored to a very high standard, this rare piece of Elvis Presley history has attracted a pre-sale estimate of �100,000 to �150,000.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer