Lexus full hybrid CT 200h employs latest technology to aid drivability
Lexus has aimed to make the CT 200h a true driver's car. To deliver on this promise was not a matter of finding some clever add-on parts, but required fundamental reappraisal of the chassis and bodyshell design
Lexus has aimed to make the CT 200h a true driver’s car. To deliver on this promise was not a matter of finding some clever add-on parts, but required fundamental reappraisal of the chassis and bodyshell design. True to its reputation for pioneering advanced technology, Lexus has equipped the CT 200h with lateral performance dampers, components that, until now, have largely been the preserve of a very few high-performance models. It has used the damping technology as an effective way of increasing torsional rigidity, suppressing vibrations and contributing to ride comfort without the penalty of extra weight.
The result is a car powered by proven full hybrid technology that lets the driver enjoy an added performance dimension, supported by a choice of Dynamic and Relaxing driving “moods” and selectable SPORT, NORMAL AND ECO drive modes.
The CT 200h’s handling has been developed specifically to appeal European customers. Final dynamic testing was carried out on European roads to ensure the all aspects of the car’s suspension, steering, regenerative braking system and full hybrid powertrain meet the standards expected in the highly competitive market for compact luxury cars – currently dominated by the BMW 1 Series and Audi A3.
The work invested by Lexus in CT 200h’s chassis and body forms part of a full dynamic package for the car that includes equally detailed attention to aerodynamics, steering, suspension and even the driver’s position at the wheel to achieve sporty, rewarding performance.
The CT 200h will form the centrepiece of Lexus’s display at the Paris motor show before going on sale in the UK early next year.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 6 of the best August walks in Cheshire