Mercedes-Benz of Hertford customer gets on track for success
Helen Tranter put in a 'wheely' great performance at a recent track day organised by Mercedes-Benz.. Helen impressed the day's professional racing instructors so much she was awarded the 'Driver of the Day' trophy,
Mercedes-Benz of Hertford customer Helen Tranter put in a ‘wheely’ great performance at a recent track day organised by Mercedes-Benz.
Helen, who was a guest of the Foxholes Business Park retailer and Mercedes-Benz Hertfordshire Group Sales Manager Andrew Gallacher at the Silverstone event, impressed the day’s professional racing instructors so much she was awarded the ‘Driver of the Day’ trophy, beating 120 other Mercedes-Benz customers to the much-coveted accolade.
During her time on the famed racing circuit, Helen received expert tuition in a host of Mercedes-Benz, including phenomenal Mercedes-AMG models and an SLK-Class similar to her own SLK 200 that she bought from Mercedes-Benz of Hertford.
As well as honing her driving skills, Helen enjoyed a preview of the phenomenal SLS AMG ahead of its launch, a practical demonstration of the advanced Electronic Stability Program (ESP�) and a unique drive of the forthcoming electric smart.
As Director of Development at Haileybury in Hertford, fundraiser Helen’s more akin to a different kind of drive, but she was determined to do well on the famous Silverstone circuit from the outset.
“I’m super competitive and thought it would be fantastic to win, but I was absolutely shocked when I did,” laughed Helen, who’s a self-confessed “car fanatic”.
- 1 Tolkien fans won't want to miss this Middle-Earth exhibition in Basingstoke
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 'Gastro-Glastonbury' festival is heading to Bournemouth
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 See inside this 400 year old Prestbury home on the market for £5.6 million
- 8 9 Norfolk hidden history sites opening for free
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
“The tuition was superb and I just did everything the instructors told me to do, which was quite an eye-opening experience, especially using the steering wheel paddleshift gearchange coming up to the chicane and when your instinct is to brake but you’re told not to touch the pedal!”
Helen continued: “The cars were superb and the new SLS looked fantastic, but it was the 6.3-litre AMG SL-Class roadster that I was really impressed with.
“As with all my experiences of Mercedes-Benz of Hertford, the day was really enjoyable and very well organised. I’ve definitely got a taste for it now and I hope it’s the start of many more track day outings!”