New designs from London Road Jewellery
- Credit: Archant
With yellow gold back in vogue, Surrey Life readers can ensure they are on trend with the latest contemporary designs from London jewellery maker London Road. Whether you are looking for a piece of jewellery for yourself or as a memorable present, London Road has unique gift ideas for that special person in your life
This summer, you can celebrate your own or a loved one’s special month with the contemporary and unique Blossom Birthstone collection. Blossom Birthstone pendants come in a 9ct yellow gold flower-shaped setting on a 16/18 inch adjustable chain. A precious or semi-precious gemstone signifies the month of the wearer’s birth.
The ruby, July’s birthstone, was believed to protect its wearer from evil. Today, the ruby’s deep-red colour signifies love and passion. This rich red ruby pendant is in the 9ct yellow gold flower shaped setting.
August’s birthstone, the peridot, symbolises strength. When set in gold, this gem was said to protect the wearer from nightmares. This lime coloured peridot is in a 9ct yellow gold flower-shaped setting.
For September the birthstone is sapphire, which was believed to protect those close to the wearer from harm. It also represents loyalty and trust. A rich blue sapphire sits in the 9ct yellow gold flower-shaped setting.
Collections with interesting craftsmanship, are key to London Road’s success. Delicate leaf shapes in textured 9ct yellow have been used to create a striking necklace with matching stud earrings, which complement existing pieces in the Kew Falling Leaves collection, including a Falling Leaf bangle, earrings and necklace.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
Prices: Kew Falling Leaves necklace £395 | Stud earrings £160 | Drop earrings £345 | Bangle £795 | Pendant £325 | Handmade ring £395
A more recent addition to the ever-popular Kew range is the Posy collection of pendants, earrings and a ring. In 9ct yellow gold, textured clusters of flower heads are formed into an exquisite domed posy shape.
Prices: Kew Posy pendant £180 | Posy earrings £180 | Posy ring £260.
London Road is one of the UK’s most distinctive makers of gold and sparkling gem-set contemporary jewellery. Over the past 70 years they have developed a reputation for exquisite fine jewellery crafted in their own south London workshops, such as the stunning Sloane cocktail rings.
Behind the London Road collection is a brother and sister team, the third generation of a family-owned concern.
Named after London’s most fascinating neighbourhoods – Bloomsbury, Burlington, Kew, Pimlico, Portobello, Primrose Hill and Soho – the collections reflect the excitement and diversity of the Capital.
London Road Jewellery is available from John Lewis stores countrywide and selected independent retailers. London Road stockists in the Surrey area include:
• Clayton Fine Jewellery, Haslemere, www.claytonfinejewellery.co.uk
• Hersey Silversmiths and Jewellers, Walton on Thames, www.hersey.co.uk
• J.J Browne and Son, Caterham, www.jjbrowneandson.co.uk
• S. Warrender & Co, Sutton, www.warrenders.co.uk
• Tom French, Ascot, www.tomfrenchjewellery.co.uk
www.londonroadjewellery.co.uk; 0844 8718454