Cheshire virtual beauty store launches
- Credit: Archant
Cheshire’s new sustainable, health-driven beauty store Ecopia opens online
A new Cheshire-based virtual store selling locally handmade sustainable swaps for supermarket-bought bath, body and lifestyle products has launched, the idea of Stockport’s Francesca Newton.
Virtual family-run business Ecopia stocks and delivers eco-conscious artisanal toiletries, including sustainable, premium-quality shampoo bars, hand-crafted soaps, refillable candles, bamboo toothbrushes and more - many locally made.
Founder Francesca was struck with her business brainwave after reading about the associations between plastics and a range of health complications, including diabetes, obesity, early onset puberty and even cancer.
‘It’s not just plastic: often, the contents of cheap makeup and other toiletries also contain chemicals associated with hormone disruption, which is scary when you’re bringing up a family,’ she says. As a result, the venture strives to be both as plastic- and chemical-free as possible.
Ecopia works in partnership with independent artisans, many of them based locally, including Mrs Frisbee’s All Naturals in Offerton, LJ Naturals in Wilmslow and Whitegates Wuzzies in Woodford, bringing their visions for sustainability together with her own.
‘Our products are handmade by artisans - many locally based,’ Francesca explains. ‘When you buy from Ecopia, you’re doing your bit to support the planet - and people.’
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 3 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 4 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 5 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 8 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings