Peaslake designer Jack Newman on dressing for business – Surrey style guide
- Credit: PMP
Each month, we talk to a stylish Surrey lady to find out about the outfit that she’s wearing...
A freelance graphic designer and owner of Boo Design in Peaslake, Jack Newman specialises in corporate print and web branding for local businesses and is passionate about dressing smartly for her work.
“I do a lot of networking in Guildford and have client meetings most days so I like to look smart and well groomed all the time – even at my BNI Guildford Business networking meeting, which takes place at 6.30am each week!” says Jack.
“I worked in the City before I retrained as a designer and dressing smartly was part of the culture
there. It makes me feel confident and professional.
“I go for clothes that are well-cut, simple and elegant. One of my favourite garments is a Joseph tailored leather jacket but I also like shopping at Karen Millen, Mint Velvet and LK Bennett.
“I have manicures too, because my hands are on show all the time, as well as regular hair appointments.
- 1 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
“People often comment that I look stylish, which I take as a huge compliment because I’m a working mum and it’s not always easy to get it together every morning!”
• For more on Boo design, visit their website at boodesign.co.uk
Here, Jack wears…
• Orange stretch fitted dress by Episode from House of Fraser
• Strappy nude shoes by Mint Velvet
• Long necklace by Stella & Dot
Share your Style CVs by e-mailing email@example.com