Q and A with fashion expert Jess Archer
Whether you’re after fashion advice, helpful hints or tricks of the trade., drop me a line at email@example.com and I will answer a pick of the best in a future column. Sorry, I will not be able to answer every email.
Q My daughter is getting married in early April and I have found a wonderful dress. The only problem is it has a very unusual print and I can’t find a bag to go with it. Can you help me please?
Hi Jo, I can understand your dilemma, and being the mother of the bride, you have a very important and prominent role! I have found a great Sussex-based business that could help you out. Ditchling bag designer Jane Hopkinson offers a great bespoke service that will help you find the perfect bag: with more than 30 designs to choose from and a vast array of leathers, I am sure you will find something that is ideal to go with your outfit. I hope that you and your family have a lovely day.
www.janehopkinsonbags.co.uk; 01273 844336
Q I have just taken on a job that involves a lot of socialising and dinners with various clients after work. Having to find something different to wear time after time is becoming costly and time-consuming. Do you have any ideas?
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West
Hi Josephine, I think your problem is one that is faced by many people. It is actually all about clever and careful wardrobe buying. The trick is to buy items that can take you from day to evening. Look out for fabrics such as silk, mohair and satin that can be accessorised with heels and some elegant jewellery to give you night-time glamour in a matter of minutes. I love the silk shirt dresses and pencil skirts from Wallis this season.
Clothes from a selection at Wallis (www.wallis.co.uk) Unit 22, Arndale Centre, Eastbourne, BN21 3NW