Richmond resident Richard E Grant launches new fragrance, Jack
- Credit: Various
Hollywood actor, distinguished director and now purveyor of perfumes... Is there no end to the talents of Richmond resident Richard E Grant? Apparently not, as we discover here...
Acclaimed actor Richard E Grant, who lives locally in Richmond, has just released his own unisex fragrance.
“Jack is my ‘signature’ in scent,” he says. “To finally have a perfume of my own is the realisation of a boyhood dream.”
That’s no exaggeration; as a child, growing up in sub-tropical Swaziland, the young Richard tried bottling gardenia and rose petals in jars of boiling sugar water to make perfume.
Almost half a century later, with the help of his good friend, the accessories genius Anya Hindmarch, the iconic British thespian has finally created his own fragrance, combining a range of earthy, citrus scents.
“Our sense of smell is the shortest synaptic leap in the brain to our memory, and every one of the ingredients is like a sensory trigger,” says Richard. “I’ve aspired to create a fragrance that is as ‘lickably more-ish’ as it is addictive.”
The new perfume, which comes in a special Union Jack draw string bag, is available exclusively from Liberty of London.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
• Jack (£95, 100ml), Liberty of London, Regent Street, London W1B 5AH. Tel: 0207 734 1234. Web: liberty.co.uk. For more details, see jackperfume.co.uk
* To read our previous interview with Richard E Grant, in which he talks about his life in Surrey, click here.