Spinach, blueberry and walnut salad with a tarragon vinaigrette: The Fast Diet
- Credit: Romas Foord
One man’s health scare led to the creation of a new diet, which is fast becoming a worldwide health movement
Calorie count: 239
I love the very idea of this salad – the pop of blueberries, the sweet tarragon, the rich crunch of walnut.
It’s something to chuck together on a long, hot day.
No mess, no fuss, just great.
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 7 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 8 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
For the vinaigrette:
2 tsps groundnut oil
2 tsps cider vinegar
zest of half a lemon
1 tbsp fresh tarragon
salt and pepper
For the salad:
200g young spinach leaves
50g walnut halves
Slightly broken 100g blueberries
1 Prepare the vinaigrette.
2 Then combine the spinach, walnuts and blueberries and dress.
3 For extra bulk and texture, add 100g cooked and seasoned puy lentils and a tangle of sautéed red onion, thinly sliced (add 159 calories).