Spinach, blueberry and walnut salad with a tarragon vinaigrette: The Fast Diet
- Credit: Romas Foord
One man’s health scare led to the creation of a new diet, which is fast becoming a worldwide health movement
Calorie count: 239
I love the very idea of this salad – the pop of blueberries, the sweet tarragon, the rich crunch of walnut.
It’s something to chuck together on a long, hot day.
No mess, no fuss, just great.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 5 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
For the vinaigrette:
2 tsps groundnut oil
2 tsps cider vinegar
zest of half a lemon
1 tbsp fresh tarragon
salt and pepper
For the salad:
200g young spinach leaves
50g walnut halves
Slightly broken 100g blueberries
1 Prepare the vinaigrette.
2 Then combine the spinach, walnuts and blueberries and dress.
3 For extra bulk and texture, add 100g cooked and seasoned puy lentils and a tangle of sautéed red onion, thinly sliced (add 159 calories).