Style tips from Surrey fashion and beauty experts - Little Black Book
- Credit: TBC
It’s that time again where we delve into the little black books of Surrey’s leading fashion and beauty experts to find out their own favourite style secrets locally...
Celebrity facialist, Richmond
A former TV make-up artist, Cherry Woods has also worked within the skincare industry in the US and Sydney, Australia, and now has her own clinic in Richmond. Her signature facials are so popular with her clientele that her appointment book is almost always packed. After work, she likes to head over to Barreworks, an exercise studio that is dedicated to barre and ballet-based workouts…
“I love the chilled atmosphere there – the bathroom even has ‘help yourself’ cosmetics from perfume to body lotion – and they pride themselves on their music playlist, which is modern and funky,” says Cherry.
“The workout is low impact but high intensity. The hour-long class goes quickly and you think you haven’t done much, but the next day your abdominals and bum muscles beg to differ!”
• Cherry Woods Clinic, 19a King Street, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1ND. Tel: 07792 713476 / cherrywoodsclinic.com
- 1 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
• Barreworks, Vestry House, 21 Paradise Road, Richmond, Surrey TW9 1SA. Tel: 0208 940 5746 / barreworks.co.uk
Hair stylist and assistant manager, Rush, Guildford
Hairdresser Nicola Rowlands has worked at award-winning salon Rush in Guildford since it opened five years ago. Now assistant manager, she is renowned for her amazing blow-dry treatments. During her lunch hour, she likes to take time to unwind – and finds the Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare store a great place to spend a little me-time...
“Having worked in Guildford since the salon opened five years ago, I know the town well,” says Nicola. “The Rush salon is just around the corner from the Liz Earle store and I often pop in there during my lunch hour.
“I use the skincare products at home and, when I get time, I’m looking forward to booking a treatment there as my friends rave about them! I’ll definitely choose a relaxing back massage treatment because it’s the perfect way to treat my shoulders after a busy day of blow-drying in the salon!”
• Rush, 5 Friary Bridge Road, Guildford, Surrey GU1 4EH. Tel: 01483 600100 / rush.co.uk
• Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare, 72-74 High Street, Guildford, Surrey GU1 3HE. Tel: 01483 400760 / uk.lizearle.com
Founder, Clay Salon, Oxshott, and Herra Hair Care
As well as owning a busy hair salon, James Davis recently launched Herra, a hair perfume that is currently enjoying international success. However – and despite a busy schedule – he understands the importance of taking time to relax and knows just the place to go…
“If I need a complete day just to switch off and unwind, I head to Pennyhill Park Spa over in Bagshot,” says James.
“The spa is a luxury retreat in the grounds of Pennyhill Park Hotel. With some 45,000 square feet dedicated to relaxation, you can enjoy eight indoor and outdoor pools, saunas, steam rooms, an ice cave, fitness suite and golf course, as well as a whole range of skincare treatments in one of the 21 treatment rooms.”
• Clay Salon, 5 High Street, Oxshott, Surrey KT22 0JP. Tel: 01372 844446 / clayhairsalon.com
• Herra haircare / herra.com
• Pennyhill Park Spa, Pennyhill Park Hotel, London Road, Bagshot, Surrey GU19 5EU. Tel: 01276 471774 / pennyhillpark.co.uk
Share your Surrey style favourites with us by tweeting @SurreyLife with the hashtag #SurreyStyle