Supermodel Jodie Kidd unveiled as face of Epsom Derby 2014
- Credit: Archant
British supermodel Jodie Kidd has wowed catwalk crowds around the world and this summer she will be heading to Epsom as the face of the 2014 Investec Derby Festival
The news coincides with the unveiling of three unique images of Jodie inspired by Epsom’s The Hill, the Duchess Stand and The Queen’s Stand.
A modern day fashion icon Jodie Kidd has long had a passion for horses, with her father a former show jumper and both herself and her brother professional polo players.
“I am really proud to take on the role,” she says. “Modelling three different looks for the shoot shows that despite its prestigious racing reputation, fashion is a huge part of the day.
“I have been a fan of horses since I was 10 years old and find racing almost hypnotic. I look forward to sporting one of Philip Treacy’s creations and watching these beautiful animals compete in the greatest flat race of them all.”
Milliner to the stars Philip Treacy will continue his role of official hat designer for his third consecutive year.
The festival, which is expected to attract over 125,000 visitors, takes place at Epsom Downs Racecourse on Friday June 6 and Saturday June 7.
- 1 The Hairy Bikers Yorkshire Food Tour
- 2 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 12 best Devon Christmas markets for 2021
- 4 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
- 5 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 6 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 7 The Hairy Bikers Go North to explore the Yorkshire coast
- 8 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 9 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 10 Cotswold hauntings and ghost stories
• Pick up a copy of May’s Surrey Life (out in shops on Thursday April 24) for a great deal on Grandstand tickets for this year’s festival. For more information and ticket options, visit epsomdowns.co.uk
• Surrey Life met Jodie in 2012 to discuss her love of Surrey and the fight to save her ancestral home, Cherkley Court