5 celebrities show off the best of Surrey style
- Credit: photography by Andy Newbold
Behind the scenes with Angellica Bell, Laura Hamilton, Adele Parks, Flavia Cacace-Mistry and Talia Dean at our exclusive fashion shoot at Silent Pool
Surrey is home to a host of stylish celebrities who love nothing more than showing off the county’s style.
During an exclusive shoot at Silent Pool Distillery our fashion columnists, Marie Gibbens and Claire Hams, styled five leading ladies to look sensational in Surrey.
As host of Channel 4’s A Place in the Sun, Laura Hamilton has travelled all over the world but whether she’s on the red carpet, sunshine location or school run, Purley resident Laura is always effortlessly elegant and stylishly chic.
“I think it’s really important to make a good first impression,” says Laura, who’s favourite fashion era is the 1950s.
You’d be forgiven for thinking that ex-Strictly Come Dancing champion, Flavia Cacace-Mistry has a penchant for sequins and spangles. But away from her glittering dance career, Guildford resident Flavia has a refreshingly cool and edgy sense of style. “I don’t tend to follow trends,” she says. “I like unique and unusual pieces that stand out.”
TV presenter, Celebrity MasterChef winner and Kingston resident Angellica Bell agrees, favouring cheery clothes that “make her feel happy”. “If you don’t feel comfortable in what you are wearing - then people see through that,” she adds.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 3 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 6 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 7 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 8 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 9 Bluebell walks in Suffolk: Beautiful spring woodlands to explore
- 10 Bluebell woods in Derbyshire: Top 5 places to go for woodland walks
Comfort is also important to Sunday Times and international best-selling novelist, Adele Parks.
“Comfort is important to me even if I am dressing for a formal occasion like an awards ceremony or after dinner speaking,” the Guildford resident says. “My first priority is always ‘Am I aware I’m wearing this outfit?’ If I am aware then it’s probably not right for me.”
Kings Daughters lead singer Talia Dean, who lives in Cobham, describes her style as “boho-gypsy-metal”. “I love beading and embellishment, ripped jeans and stomping boots,” she says. “But no kitten heels and definitely no pink!”
- Read the full interview and find out how to shop the celebrities’ locally-sourced style, in the September edition of Surrey Life magazine.