Sussex students’ fashion show raises £1900 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A young student from Northbrook College in Worthing held a ‘Showcase of Talent’ Fashion Show at the Hilton Brighton Metropole and raised £1900 for charity.
20-year old Harleigh Slaughter from Brighton and around 80 of her peers studying Fashion & Textile, Make-up & Hair and Bodypainting, showcased their work and created inventive and stunning looks for over 20 amateur models in this competition.
The students went head to head to impress the judges, many of whom were local industry experts. Nicole Urbanski, Simon Webster, Liz Allen, Julian Caddy, Jane Hill, Angelique Van Gils, Robin Cousins MBE and Boo Hodges all had the difficult task of choosing the best hair design, makeup, clothing, bodypainting and overall look.
Over 150 guests attended the event on 22 May and monies raised went to local charity the Starr Trust that supports young people living in Sussex.
Event organiser Harleigh said: “I wanted to raise money for the Starr Trust who are all about helping kids achieve their potential. I thought a show like this, giving talented students the platform they need to showcase their skills, would be perfect. It’s been an exhausting few months but the final results made up for it and we’re really grateful to Northbrook College and the Hilton Brighton Metropole for being our sponsors.”
The event kicked off with a fun catwalk show which was compèred by Juice FM Radio’s Guy Lloyd. Sussex businesses such as No. 7, Clinique, Willow and Style Me Confident provided makeup demonstrations and fashion advice.
The winners were as follows
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
• Best Hair: Nancy West
• Best Makeup: Nancy West
• Best Clothing: Angelina Masters
• Best Bodypainting: Louise Watts
• Best Overall Look: Louise Watts