The Guildford guru behind Mercy Delta’s hand-crafted silk and cashmere scarves
- Credit: TBC
This month, we catch up with design guru Katie Lightfoot to find out her top local style secrets
Name: Katie Lightfoot
Job: Founder of Mercy Delta who produce hand-crafted silk and cashmere scarves as well as blouses in bold, poppy prints
“I’m relatively new to Guildford, but I’m amazed by how much great shopping has been squeezed in,” says Katie. “My favourite boutique is Courtyard in Angel Gate. The owner, Julia, has an amazing eye – and gets it right every season.
“I’m also shamefully addicted to Space NK on the High Street. And even though they stock Mercy Delta accessories, such as our cosmetic bags, I’m convinced any money I make from them goes straight back into their tills.
- 1 10 excellent fish and chip shops in Kent
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 11 of the most Instagrammble locations in Hampshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 8 18 things to do in the Cotswolds in August
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
“Anthropologie is beautifully laid out, and have filled my kitchen with their quirky homeware. House of Fraser has it all, including some top labels; I recently found a classic Joseph coat in their sale and was thrilled. Final stop is Whistles. It’s perfect for boots and clutches.
“Style in the area isn’t all about Guildford though, and the nearby towns have some gems. I go to Polished in Godalming for my nails, and there are some great boutiques in Haslemere. Anya is a gorgeous shop.
The owner Simon has built a loyal following, and has sourced a range of casual brands to suit different budgets.
“I actually travel over to Sussex for my hair: my friend and colourist Olly Cunningham has a salon at Hickstead Showground, so I can watch the horses train while he works his magic.”
• Mercy Delta, 8 Marylebone Passage, London W1 8EX. Tel: 0207 637 7222 Web: mercydelta.com